Building A Soundtrack to your life

I watched an old documentary about Celine Dion of when she went back to her Las Vegas shows after having her twin boys and she talks about song called Seventeen, because she had such a hard time at school and I did too. I wasn't super pretty, I had yellow teeth from drinking lots of tea and had to cut down as it stains the teeth, had what is was known as "Puppy fat" and why I started my google blog Building Confidence The Ugly Duckling and it made me think about if I created a soundtrack of my life what songs would I choose?




Music really helps me. It helps to wake me up, calm down and feel blissful. I have changed my soundtrack because I no longer living in self pity and now get up and do the things that help make the day of how I feel presently and my next steps. The song Dancing In the dark by Bruce Springsteen always lifts me up, Do you know where you going to, Diana Ross and It's my turn. 

Livin' On a Prayer is my anthem for where I was in the 90's when I really came out of my shell and changed. I became a tom boy rather than being a girl girly type and started to wear jeans instead of dresses, with tracksuit bottoms, but I also joined leading up to the 90's, dancing school and its like riding a bike as soon as I hear a song I used to dance to remember the steps and the dance with going  to watch a rugby helped built my confidence and fell in love with football and changed my mindset of the world. 

I love sharing the music I love and now use it to inspire me to do my radio show. I get nervous and feel a little now because it is out of my comfort zone but I enjoy it at the same time and its my thing and like putting it together and learn more doing the job rather than reading how to do a job its the best way for me and its always been like that for me. 

You don't learn to dance reading but doing. I do love to read to help unwind and helps with my other joy, writing but sharing my experiences and what has worked for me and I enjoy putting a book together and different styles but in terms of learning with writing is to write. I write fiction comedy and thriller and non fiction which I am writing a new parenting book which has a parenting book I never published.

The more you do something the better you become. 

So what is your soundtrack? You can leave a comment below. 

Many thanks for reading, 



Carrie X 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I love a Bacon Sandwich and a Cup of tea

A Cup of Tea and Toast

Cup of tea and a Mag