Spending a day on the sofa

Today took me a while to wake up and always happens this time of year, autumn 2024 and I have been active, did a walk on the treadmill and now going to spend the day on the sofa. 


I find this time I have to myself, whilst my son is at school to be chilled and peaceful as my son is so energetic that it is can be a shock to wake up early and so have time to work on blogs, have a nice lunch in between and tomorrow going to go out and to have a coffee, do some writing in a coffee shop and go to B&M, which is now one of my favourite stores. 

However, today it is me watching a bit of Youtube, catching up on my google blogs and other blogs I write on Wordpress, along with working on a book I am writing and going through emails. 

Of course I do need to dry up from Breakfast, but will do this once it gets closer to lunch and hydrate and then get back on the couch and do some more on my laptop and may catch up on some TV. 

Well that lasted. As my husband just popped in, whilst I am drinking the last drops of Galaxy Hot Chocolate. 

Yes a healthy drink? Not, but what I fancied and then may still have a coffee but going to see how I feel and then I will be making dinner. So got a few hours to play with and then it is back on duty being a parent and getting ready for the evening. 

It is important to have good seating in the home and find I function better when I am not up writing on the dining table, all of the time.

Finding some nice music to play can really help with the cosiness of having time to myself and stay on the sofa and be present and it makes me feel so grateful of all the things I have in my life and feel content. Creating a perfect setting and environment, like a scented candle and being in the warm and taking the day in my stride. 

So do you like a day on the sofa? What drink do you like to have to still get things done, with a good amount of peace and quiet. You can leave a comment below.

Many thanks for reading, 


Carrie X 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Coffee and cakes

Finding a decent coffee

Why I like my own mug