Being 45 and growing

 As a kid I felt uncomfortable about being a child, because I saw being an adult, it meant that you had more freedom than being a child. Being 45 seemed a long long milestone and now I am 45, gotten to a place where I am okay with my life, and that I have come a long way to feeling good about myself and that I am no longer fearful compared to when I was a kid.

I did have a good childhood and feel very lucky with the things I have done through out it, like holiday's in Clacton and Menorca, and seeing shows up London and visits to London Zoo, Chessington Zoo before it became a Theme Park, and it was just the zoo, and getting my ears pierced up London and spent time seeing my grandparents. 

There was a time I liked to go out all the time and meet friends for a drink and get plastered. Not so much now, and like having the odd drink, but no over do it. Its alright going out partying but you have to think about getting home safely and I think you become more protective especially be a parent now. At my sons age I'd be playing out on the Estate I lived, and now I would never allow my son to play outside without being with him. 

Age is just a number and will never allow it to define me. 

My music tastes have grown, I still the 80's kid inside and so still go back to the 80's but liking some new music, such as Miley Cyrus Flowers, Bruno Mars Hey Hey Hey and George Esra Paradise. Well not exactly new but not listening so much of the 80's and getting with it. 

Its not my birthday by the way just wanted to chat about being 45 as you think as a kid you life will be the same but not the case. Life changes all the time, being a mum, being married and being responsible. 

I am a lot fitter, as did do running for a bit, even after having my son, but picked up an injury so now I walk a lot, which I think stems from my dad who walked everywhere. He would walk from central London to West London, and so if I can walk then I will. 

When it comes to food I am lot less fussy. As a kid I was super fussy and couldn't have food that touched each other and salads were lettuce and cucumber, or a burger would be a burger in a plain bun as I didn't do sauces. How this has changed and did have Type 2 Diabetes and high cholesterol, which has slightly risen but do pay attention to what I eat and try to be healthy and eat a more of range of foods and now do sauces.

So if you'd like to share what your life is now your 45 then please do. You can leave a comment below.

Many thanks for reading,


Carrie X   

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Coffee and cakes

Why I like my own mug

Take good care of your skin