Coffee and cakes

So I thought my son had his first Babyccino this week, but found out that it wasn't and he didn't like the hot milk version but cold. This was in Costas and I love their cornflakes cakes and even though I do have a coffee machine in my home they aren't as good. However, using the coffee machine at home, has saved me a lot of money and same with instant coffee, which I have at my son's home in Epsom, and going to buy myself another jar of coffee and cold latte sachets to save the pennies. 

My son drinking his Babyccino

I do often will pay a visit to Cafe Nero if I fancy a Chai Latte and love their Bacon and Brie Panini, but can be pricey so I now cut this down to having this once a month, and tomorrow was planning to visit Starbucks, but I had to catch myself, because why buy a coffee from Starbucks, when I buying coffee in a supermarket? 

Am I alone in this? 

It is double the expense, and I know I could stop drinking coffee, but I love my coffee in the morning and daytime, it gives me a kick I need, 

so why give it up? 

I find it relaxes me and wakes me up, and tomorrow going to buy the shops own brand to see if I can buy cheaper jar and sachets of Iced coffee to see if these are nice and save more money on my coffee habit. 

It pays to browse and not look on the middle shelf where most premium brands sit, and exploring for different coffee and see if I can get the same kick but getting a good amount of change by doing so. 

I like to set these challenges for myself, because I have a budget on coffee and don't like to spend anymore than £4, and that is when buying in a coffee shop, sachets or a jar, if they are just as nice or better with lower cost. 

Buy sensibly pays off, because it sets a limit for yourself and every penny does count, on the pennies. The prices of things are now going up, and so if I can save, I will save.

So, going to go to bed in a minute because I want to walk to the supermarket tomorrow and enjoy buying my coffee, whilst I continue to work and have a week to myself. Ahhh such bliss. 

Many thanks for reading, 

Carrie X

Typical London Gal  


 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Why I like my own mug

Take good care of your skin