Having A Date With the Couch
Today my son is back to school so I decided that I'd have a date with with sofa. I've had a bath and yes I love my son, but I do like to have time with myself. To me it is important and Henry loves his friends at school and glad it is back. Henry gets easily bored and we did so much in the summer it is good to unwind and spend some time apart.
It is a nice day out so I may read in the garden later. I just like to be able to work and relax. I have my radio show already planned for the end of the week. There is the little feeling of guilt not wanting to do anything like cleaning so did a little just pottering and going to do bits of pottering around through out the day but mainly just chill.
So looking forward to the cooler weather and be cosy indoors. I have bought a new jumper from H&M and was going to wear but its still too hot but I love jumpers and buying a new one and this week going to do more decluttering of my clothes but I am in the position that I do like my clothes and so don't need anymore and shop my wardrobe.
I am so glad of what we did the summer holidays. It was full on but well worth it and so to relax is well needed and back having instant coffee and going to get out again tomorrow.
I am wondering whether I can finish my current book I am reading which has little stories in it and giving me ideas as I loved those sort of books as a kid and its been a while since I have read a book like that and enjoying it. It is good to have the TV on in the background whilst I read. I was challenging myself to see if I could drink my coffee, write a blog silence so reminding myself I am going to write the rest of this blog in silence.
My mind is always resisting against things. Its like self punishment, so going to listen and if I feel like doing some thing other than watch TV, write more blogs and on my books, then I will but enjoy the time and time to me is precious and we all deserve a break whatever helps you to do that.
Many thanks for reading,
Carrie X

Comments
Post a Comment